Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Help with Calling a Variable Name as a prompt name

I am writing a script that will be used by many agents to record a pre-call message. I need to basically have the prompt have a variable name which will be the Resource_ID of the agent.

IE. Agent_1 leaves a custom Recording. I want the script to write the wav file as agent_1.wav. In perl I would do something like '$resourceID_VAR'.wav.

This will allow many agents to leave custom specific wav files (prompts) that I can call in other scripts.

Is there a way to do this in the CRA Editor? Am I going about this the wrong way?

Thanks

Mike

The Script is attached.

5 REPLIES

Re: Help with Calling a Variable Name as a prompt name

I have gotten further with the Script. I can leave the resource_ID for the filename.wav. How would I call this in another script as a prompt with the ResourceID as the variable?

ie. play prompt P[$ResourceID.wav]

How do you do that?

Thanks

Silver

Hi,

Hope you requirement is to send the value of ResourceID variable from main script to sub script.

Check out the following URL which describes the usage of Call SubFlow step.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_3_1/english/admn_app/step_ref/gen.htm#1023521

Define the From and To variable in the Parameter Mapping Tab. Set the "From" property as "ResourceID" variable of main script and for the "To" property, set the corresponding sub-flow script variable.

Second requirement : How to use variable in play prompt.

resource_ID is a string variable which contains some wav file name X.wav. Assign this string variable, "resource_ID" directly in play prompt step($,P[] are not required).

Play Prompt [resource_ID].

Regards

Yogi

Yogi,

I appreciate the reply, but that is not what I am trying to do. I actually have gotten the scripts to work 90% of the way. Thank you again!

Mike

Bronze

Hi Mike,

Your requirement is to playback the recorded wav files that is stored as ResourceId.wav in other scripts.

In your script, do the following,

1.Use the Get User Info step to make user attributes available to the script, this will give the UserId(ie ResourceId of an agent).

2.Concatenate the Resource ID Field variable(from Get User Info Step) with .wav put the result in a string variable (Ex. Prompt = ResourceId + ".wav").

3. Play the string variable Prompt using Play Prompt Step.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Venkat

Venkat,

Thank you for the reply. Basically I have a recording script that records a custom message for a pre call message in a queue. The recording script sets the filesname as resourceid.wav based on the authentication of the agent. Then the Queue script calls this custom prompt based on the Selected ResourceID.

I have these script almost complete. Thanks again for your post.

Mike

Views
Helpful
Replies