Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Hidden Subscribers in Unity 2.46

I've done some research within this forum, as well as CCO, and haven't been able to come up with the answer.

I was wondering how I can "extract" the hidden VM "users" that I have within Unity 2.4.6.. I've tried to do a search via their extention or via their supposed alias/user name and I can't seem to find them. But, these VM boxes are working and are hidden via the Exchange GAL. Also, I've got CTI-Points setup for these specific extentions for PLAR purposes.

Thanks

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Hidden Subscribers in Unity 2.46

I'm not sure I'm following you here... you can't find these folks in the web based SA interface at all? The SA shouldn't care if those users are hidden from the address book or not... it's pulling those guys form the same directory that the phone conversation interfaces are using so if you can't find them in the SA the conversation shouldn't be able to see them either so I would expect that they wouldn't work at all...

If you fire up DOHPropTest.exe (don't enter a password, just enter in read only mode) and you hit the user's, do you see any of these folks in that list?

I'll try the DOH tool.. But your assessment is correct. I have VM boxes that work and are assoc. with a DN. However, I cannot find these users/subscribers in SA, whether I do a search for that DN or user, Unity does not show them.

I have seen some threads to where you can hide the Subscribers, but most of it was related to teh Exchange mailboxes via the GAL. When I do a "show hidden" within Exchange, there they all are. However, I have not been able to find those same "accounts/users" within SA.

Thanks

I just wanted you to know that I found the problem. In Unity 2.46 w Exch 5.5 locally on the server, when you hide mailboxes from the GAL/AddressBook, you also hide the Call Handlers/Subscribers that were affiliated with them within Unity SAWeb. So once we unhid these boxes, and waited for replication to happen, we were then able to "see" the Call Hanlders that were assoc with these hidden mailboxes within the SAWeb interface.

Was this something that was known? Also what is the trick to continue this trend within Unity 4.02 environment that has Exch2K off-box?

Thanks again

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.