Views
Helpful
Replies

Hide CLI internally

g.rienstra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Has anyone got an idea how to hide the telephonenumber within the call manager. I do not want that called parties are able to see where the call is coming from , from which DN(within the company itselft).

Please let me know.. I tried some stuff with translation patterns in another CSS then the IP phone, however untill know i don't seem to get there.

Reg

Goen

8 Replies 8

mcnerney
Level 4
Level 4

To mask the phone number on internal calls: Build a translation pattern, for example, *67.XXXXX and use strip preDot and then put a number in the Calling Party Transform Mask. This will work for everyone with the same CSS. The beauty of this method is that internal callers cannot see your phone number when you dial *67 and a five digit number yet you can give out your real five digit number to your family or boss to dial directly.

Hi mcnerney@uwyo.edu - ,

Thanks for the info this works great.

Reg

Hi,

can you tell me what is displayed on the IP Phone instead of the CLI?

Thanks

When you build the Translation Pattern (say *67) you then have the option of putting a bogus number under Calling Party Transformations (Calling Party Transform Mask). The number displayed will be what you insert here. If you don't want any number displayed then insert ***** and the ****** will be displayed. If you leave this field blank the calling parties number will display which will defeat the purpose of the translation pattern. Hope that helps.

Instead of *67 (or something) you can also add a range of numners (within the numberingplan) eg. 5XXX if you have the sets in the range 5000-5999.

At this point you do not have to dial *67 in front of the numer, but when dialing a number in the 5XXX range automatically the number will be hidden.

If i do not insert something at the Calling Party Transformations (Calling Party Transform Mask). A text will be displayed at the phonescreen (...return....)

Do you know where i can find (change) the text displayed in the phone-screen.

I tried to locate this text on the C and D Drive but was not able to find it.

I cant find where you can change that text. What is the exact text?

Also, if you are running CM 3.3, there is an additional field in the translation pattern "Calling Party Presentation" if you change this to restricted, you should see "uknown" as the calling party when receiving calls.

I have this working using a *.XXXX but my users are not going to go for that. I would like to set this up for my administrators but dialing * first is not going to work. I have all my administrators phones in a css now how do i mask their line 1 internally everytime they make a internal call without using a *? Is there a way?