Views
Helpful
Replies

hide translated called number

f.chiesa
Level 1
Level 1

I have the following issue:

CM 3.3.3 in a big environment with gatekeeper, connection to a pbx with a VG and voip remote site. The CM users call the user on the pbx with their extension (Es. 61001). The CM append a prefix 22 to that number to direct the call to the gw zone. So the called number at the end is 2261001. The transation is done at the route pattern level with the add prefix command. The problem is that the user see the translation on the phone display (so they see 2261001) and they don't want it. They would like to see the original called number. Any suggestion??

Thanks a lot in advance

4 Replies 4

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

You can configure calling party transformation to mask the prefix 22 and just display the extension number. Check out the following document for more details. Understanding Calling Party Transform Settings

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00800c4a1c.html#93185

I need to translate and hide the called number, not the calling number. So, for example, I call 6001, the CM translate in 226001 and I want to see on the phone always 6001.

Thanks,

fAbio

If you do the translation under the router list instead of the route pattern, then the caller wont see the transformed number.

Perfect, I have tried it and works! Thanks a lot,

Fabio

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: