cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hiding Calling Party DN

msmith
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone figured out how to hide the calling party DN? I have Cisco IP phones calling to the legacy PBX on campus,(thru VG200 H323 gateway) the IP phone shows the calling party. Some "important" users don't wish to have their DN's displayed. Yes I have opened and closed a TAC call. TAC's suggestion was cumbersome with css's and translation tables. If I turn off the "Presentation Bit" on the H323 gateway to the PBX and route only these DNs thru this gateway will it work? Is there a better way? thanks marc

2 Replies 2

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

If you are using ISDN there is really not a better way to do it. Until CSCdv25755 gets resolved there is not much we can do. There is only one case linked to it and it is still marked new. You can try and get your case linked to get and get your account team involved and tell them you really would like to see this feature.

Thank you,

-Mckee

tim.medley
Level 2
Level 2

I don't have a similar setup, but I do have a suggestion.

You can mask or blank out the Calling Party and/or Called Party numbers at the Route Pattern and at the Route List level.

By manipulationg this you may be able to achive your desired results.

I am successfully using this to block Calling Party number for my users.

Tim Medley - CCNP+Voice, CCDP

Sr. Network Architect

VoIP Group

iReadyWorld

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: