cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hiding Unity mailboxes in Exchange 5.5

vinhnguyen
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Unity 2.4.6 with Exchange 5.5 running. In our office we have a few people using the same phone and a single PC. In exchange we create an account in Exchange for these people so when voicemail come in it appears on Outlook. However, this account needs to be hidden from Exchange address book so people don't send email to this account. The problem is when this account is hidden the MWI does not work properly. (For example there may be new messages but the light is not on and when message is deleted the light does not turn off). Any patch for this problem?

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity 3.x handles hidden recipients by default, however some builds of 2.4.6 require a registry edit for this to work properly. You also need Exchange 55 SP3 or later I think... You can go ahead and download the latest version of the Advanced Settings Tool from AnswerMonkey here:

http://www.answermonkey.net/App_AdvancedSettingsTool.htm

run it and select the "Show Hidden Subscribers" and "show Hidden Distribution List" options on the left. If you set them both to 1 and restart Unity you should be good to go.

That said, if these keys were not set and you hide a user in the address book, you'd be seeing more problems than just the MWI working (i.e. they wouldn't show up in the SA after a while)... so I'm not entirely sure this is your problem but it's worth checking.