Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

High CPU Utilization AVSCAV~1

Was running 3.14 with no CPU issues. I just got done installing 3.15 and the AVSCAV~!.exe process is consistently chewing up 30-40%. Any Ideas?

4 REPLIES

Re: High CPU Utilization AVSCAV~1

I just upgraded a 3.1.3 system with no CPU issues to 3.1.5 and got the exact same result. Anyone else?

Cisco Employee

Any chance the upgrade process re enabled the GAEN service and that's what's chewing the CPU on you? this is the only issue I know about related to CPU utilization issues in 3.1(5) land.

Checking services - yes the AvGaenSvr service is set to Automatic and started. However, it appears the AvScavenger died down after a while. AVScav~1.exe is now behaving. While I wasn't scrutinizing it I would say it took about 45 minutes after bootup for it to quiet down. I don't see anything in the event logs that appears to be related. (Resynch of 298 mailboxes but nothing more.)

Cisco Employee

Depending on the number of users in your directory and the number of subscribers, that's about right... the directory monitor has to run through and find all users in the directory (in AD that's the root of the forrest down) and look for other subscribers/DL/locations from other Unity servers on the network - there's also the process of logging into each subscribers mailbox and filtering to see if the MWI should be on/off and/or if notifications need to take place and all that. This can take a while and then the system will calm down.

typically after a new install this will be a bigger hit since the global subscribers and global locations tables need to be built from scratch, subsequent restarts should be less.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content