Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

High density analog FXO gateway

Hi,

What is the best voice gateway that is capable of supporting 30 FXO ports on the same chassis (if such a device exists).

I just read the NM-HDA network module supports up to 8 FXO ports so I will need 4 of these modules if this is the only option available.

It is needed to connect 30 tellular devices to the VoIP network.

Thanks for your advice.

3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: High density analog FXO gateway

Considering the high cost of the HDAs and a router to handle 4 of them I would opt for 2 channel banks connected to T1 CAS ports set for FXO signalling.

Here's a channel bank that would work:

http://www.voipsupply.com/product_info.php?products_id=921

Please rate helpful posts.

Cost is a very big issue. I would suggest going with what dgahm suggested.

If you use a 3845 which has 4 NM slots and put 4 NM-HDAs, each NM-HDA can home 8 FXO lines. So the max you will get is 32 FXO ports. I have not tested this configuration, so I am not sure if 4 modules will work perfectly with out any issues on a 3845. Considering the cost of a 3845 plus 4 NM-HDA modules, plus 2 daughter cards per NM-HDA and also a DSP chip required per network module...sounds like a lot of money for 30 FXO port solution.

HTH

PS: Please remember to rate helpful replies!

Yes, the HDA option seems very expensive, so I will consider the Channel Bank option.

Thanks a lot for your replies.

Regards.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content