Views
Helpful
Replies

Hold and Transfer buttons not working

nsarnas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have several 7960 and 7940 ipphones, CCM 3.3(4) connected to Cisco3725 H.323 gateway (12.3(7)T), and this gateway is connected to Nortel PBX through ISDN (two BRI ports as trunk).

When the call is coming from PBX, user can not “hold” or “transfer” this call (when pressing “transfer” button – “Can Not Complete Transfer” is displaying on 7960 IP Phone and “UNDEFINED!” is displaying on 7940 IP Phone. After pressing these buttons nothing happens – active call is running and no way to hold it or transfer).

Maybe someone knows where is a problem (my CCM or gateway configuration, or maybe PBX configuration.)?

1 Reply 1

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello -

Do you have Media Termination Points configured on your CallManager? Here is a link to Cisco's CCM 3.3(4) Admin guide - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801f00a9.html

The media termination point is a software device that allows CallManager to extend supplementary services, such as hold and transfer, to calls that are routed through an H.323 endpoint or an H.323 gateway. I would check with TAC regarding your specific integration.

Best wishes,

Ginger