Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Hold and transfer problem on remote site with CCM

I have a CCM 3.3(2)spC on the main site. On this LAN a 1760-V is connected to PSTN with a VIC-2BRI-NT/TE and with a WIC-1T through a leased line to a remote site. On each site we use a location with G711 codec and bewteen sites a location with G729 codec. The IP Phones can make calls between both sites and are able to push the "hold" or "transfer" button --> the hold and transfer functions are working.

The problem is when a call comes from the PSTN through the gateway to an IP Phone on the remote site, the IP Phone can take the call, but the buttons "hold" and "transfer" have no action. I've made the test of configuring the locations so that the calls from the PSTN to the remote site use a G711 codec and in this case it's OK.

Any ideas ?

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
6 REPLIES

Re: Hold and transfer problem on remote site with CCM

It sounds like an issue with the gateway mabe it h.323 version one and doesnt support the null/empty capability set therefor when you use g711 the callmanager MTP provides supplementary services for you check the cm trace

Investigate this and see how you go.There is a setting from memory on the gateway that forces you to use the MTP this might also be selected and wont support g.729 unless you transcode.

Allan

I've looked at the CCM trace when pushing the hold or transfer button on the IP Phone and the trace says that a "CcHoldInd" signal is seen and then a "CcHoldRejReq" from that IP Phone.

I wondering that this doesn't work, because i think that many people have already done this !?

I don't understand what you mean by : "There is a setting from memory on the gateway that forces you to use the MTP "

Thanks for further help

PS: that with the voice class codecs doesn't help.

Hi ,

How did you go with your issue ?

The MTP setting I referred to is a check box under callmanager gateway configuration.

This can cause issues if selected .

Lets say you had central CM and remote sites with local pri-->pstn if you had this check box selected when configuring the gateway it would use the MTP on the CM and we are left wondering why voice traffic is traversing the wan.

I know this may not be related ,though its very good to be aware of this.

Try this Jean,

On the remote gateway, use the voice-class codec commands to enable support for multiple codecs.

voice class codec 1

codec preference 1 g729r8

codec preference 2 g711ulaw

!

dial-peer voice 20 voip

voice-class codec 1

!

Also go to the service parameters page for the Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App and make sure that all codecs are selected.

Test again again and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Michael.

Why would this work when JEAN can make calls in using G.729 to remote site from PSTN already.

Voice class codec is just an ordered preference which is obviously working already.

Jean,

I think you need to look at the Media resource groups and ists that are assigned to the gateway.

Forget the MTP thing that's just silly, it's a 1760-V of course it supports more than h.323 version 1!!!!

Without looking at the traces, I think the problem you may have is the gateway has a media resource list assigned to it that does not include the same devices as the phone, so when the phone invokes network hold the gateway can not re-direct the stream to the required resource. So the Hold/ Transfer gets rejected. I would also make sure that the MOH servers can send a MOH stream as G.729, this is possibly more relevant as you say the calls can be transfered when using g.711.

You also say that when phones make calls between themsleves over the WAN then it works, it's only the gateways that have problems, have you a different media setup for the gateways?

It's difficult to go anyfurther without seeing the set-up but I think this is what you need to look at.

Paul

Views
Helpful
Replies