Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Hold Reversion

Is there a way to change the Hold Reversion default behavior to beep instead of ringing the phone?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Hold Reversion

Hi Chris,

It looks like Hold Reversion uses the same ring setting that the phone uses for "new calls (Phone idle)", so the only way to change this for a user would be to change that ring setting to "Beep Only". Sorry about that, I thought that it might take the "Phone Active" setting but I guess not.

Hold Reversion

Limits the amount of time that a call can be on hold before reverting back to the phone that put the call on hold and alerting the user.

Reverting calls are distinguished from incoming calls by a single ring (or beep, depending on the new call indicator setting for the line). This notification repeats at intervals if not resumed.

A call that triggers Hold Reversion also displays an animated icon in the call bubble and a brief message on the status line.

You can configure call focus priority to favor incoming or reverting calls.

Take care!

Rob

7 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Chris,

Here is some information on Hold Reversion;

Hold reversion ring uses the ring settings that Cisco Unified CallManager administration defines for that user (disable, flash only, ring once, ring, beep only) except that flash gets converted to flash once, and ring gets converted to ring once.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008070e55c.html#wp1076020

Have you tried changing this setting in Directory Number Config- Ring Setting (Phone Active) - Beep Only

Hope this helps!

Rob

I have changed the Ring Setting (Phone Active) to Beep Only. I am waiting the customer to let me know if this is working or not.

Thanks,

This still isn't working. Any ideas?

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Chris,

It looks like Hold Reversion uses the same ring setting that the phone uses for "new calls (Phone idle)", so the only way to change this for a user would be to change that ring setting to "Beep Only". Sorry about that, I thought that it might take the "Phone Active" setting but I guess not.

Hold Reversion

Limits the amount of time that a call can be on hold before reverting back to the phone that put the call on hold and alerting the user.

Reverting calls are distinguished from incoming calls by a single ring (or beep, depending on the new call indicator setting for the line). This notification repeats at intervals if not resumed.

A call that triggers Hold Reversion also displays an animated icon in the call bubble and a brief message on the status line.

You can configure call focus priority to favor incoming or reverting calls.

Take care!

Rob

I'm not sure what call focus priority is. Can you explain this?

Thanks,

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Chris,

No worries "Call Focus Priority" is really a fancy way of saying, when you have both a hold reversion and an incoming at the same time, which one takes priority (will be highlighted on screen, associated to the handset pickup etc.) Have a look;

Call Focus Priority

When a phone has a reverted call and an incoming call alerting, the call focus priority specifies which call type has focus, meaning which call type has priority for user actions, such as going off hook. At Cisco Unified CallManager installation, incoming calls have priority.

As administrator, you configure the Reverted Call Focus Priority setting for a device pool, which you then assign to a phone device in Cisco Unified CallManager Administration. The focus priority for the device pool that is associated with the phone applies to reverted and incoming calls that appear on the same line or on different lines on the phone device.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008070e55c.html#wp1069297

Configuring Call Focus Priority

Perform the following procedure to configure the call focus priority setting for the hold reversion feature. You can configure this setting in the Default device pool or in another device pool in the list, or you can create a new device pool for hold reversion feature users.

Step 1 From Cisco Unified CallManager Administration, choose System > Device Pool.

The Find and List Device Pools window displays.

Step 2 To display the device pools list, click Find, or use the search results from an active query. Choose a device pool in the Find and List Device Pool window.

Step 3 In the Reverted Call Focus Priority field, choose one of the following settings:

Choose Default to assign highest priority to incoming calls.

Choose Highest to assign highest priority to reverted calls.

Step 4 Click the Update button.

Step 5 Reset any devices in the device pool to incorporate the change.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008070e55c.html#wp1098859

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thank you for the information!!!!

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content