Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

holiday greeting

I am doing holiday greeting recording for my customer, but I couldn't find the location to record holiday greeting. Please help me. Thanks<br><br>

4 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: holiday greeting

In 2.4.6 you can temporarily switch to the Alternate greeting to play a custom message, then switch back to standard after the holiday. This requires some manual manipulation of the greeting.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Anonymous
N/A

In this case, what's the purpose to add holiday under system>holiday?

Anonymous
N/A

It automatically puts the schedule into Closed mode for that day only. If you're not trying to record a custom holiday message, it lets callers know that you're closed.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Anonymous
N/A

Scott:
Does that mean: after I add the holiday under syetem>holiday, unity will use the closed greeting automatically? Will it automatically add some in the closed greeting?
For example:
My customer has a requirement as follows:
Business hours: Thank you for calling Nestle Canada. If you know the extension...
After hours: Thanks you for calling Nestle Canada. Our office hours are from 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday. If you know the extension...
Holiday: Thank you for calling Nestle Canada. Our office is closed to observe the statutory holiday. If you know the extension...
Of course no doubt I'll record the after hour greeing into Unity. My question is: It seems the after hour greeting is almost same as the holiday. The only difference is "Our office is closed to observe the statutory holiday", is this the one which unity will automatically add into closed hour greeting during holiday? In other words, in my customer case do I need to use alternate greeting? Thanks a lot

Views
Helpful
Replies