cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Holiday Ringer Styles :-)

Tom Dillon
Level 4
Level 4

I am looking for some holiday related ringer files. I am not too swift with making ringers and I just had a customer ask for holiday ringers. If anyone is willing to share their ringers, it would be appreciated.

5 Replies 5

bcowley
Level 1
Level 1

I don't have any, but it is not terribly difficult to create one with a .wav file. Here is a link to instructions:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_0/admin_gd/3_0_9/a3rings.htm

If you can't find any Christmas music to clip a sound bit from, maybe you can use Windows media recorder to record yourself saying HO,HO,HO! :)

-Brian

dconstantino
Level 4
Level 4

I have been converting waves to raw/pcm and following the instruction. I can get them to play they sound terrible like a lot of static. Can someone from Cisco turn me on to some christmas ringers now and not second quarter of next year. :)

The files must be saved in a 8-Bit Rate meaning 8000 samples per second. Also they require u-law ADPCM formatting. Lastly the file needs to be a .raw file for referencing in the CCM xml doc.

A great program to do this with is AWave Studio. You can take any sound clip and use the re-sample feature to resample at 8000 hz, then the program gives you the formats to save the file in, one being U-Law. Once I have the .ulaw file, I simply rename the file through the command prompt to a .raw file and it works great. I'm sure there is possibly an easier method, but I am no sound wizard by no means, so I do it this way. It's a good way to work in some comical sound bytes for our client demos.

Cheers

By the way, if you're having too much difficulty getting it to work, send me the sound clips and I can convert them for you.

-Adam

I got them working thanks for your help.