cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Holiday Schedule

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all, <br><br>Ok... I want to create a holiday message and play that message only on holidays. By default it seems that on holidays, it plays the Closed Openning Greeting. <br><br>I've tried creating a new Call Handler that will play a "closed for the holiday" message, but I can seem to get it do it's thing...<br><br>Has anyone tried to do this ???<br><br>Thanks, <br><br>--Jon<br><br>

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

Yeah, Unity doesn’t have special holiday greetings built in (yet… it’s on my wish list… ping GiPPERs with it as a feature request and it’ll get the product folks’ attention).

You can handle this by stringing 3 call handlers together as follows:

OpeningGreeting1 – Assign it to a schedule that has 8am to 5pm as “on” and the rest of the time as “off” (or whatever your office hours are). Record a standard greeting (the usual “this is company X, if you know the name of the person…” thing). Set the closed greeting to blank and have it go to the OpeningGreeting2 call handler.

OpeningGreeting2 – Assign it to a schedule that has 5pm to 8am as “on” and the rest of the times as “off” (i.e. the exact opposite of OpeningGreeting1). Record the standard greeting as “We are closed…”. Set the closed greeting to blank and have it go to the HolidayGreeting call handler.

HolidayGreeting – Assign it any schedule, doesn’t matter. Activate the alterate greeting and record your holiday greeting as desired.

As such calls that come in during office hours get handled by the OpeningGreeting1 call handler, calls that come in after hours ends up at OpeningGreeting2 and if it’s a holiday (which forced the “closed” greeting on both opening greeting call handlers regardless of schedule) will end up falling all the way through to the HolidayGreeting call handler.

A little extra work but not that bad.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Hi all,
This is beautiful and is exactly I'm trying to do too. Thanks folks for raising similar issue and answering it. However I still have a stupid question, how do I set "closed greeting" to blank ? Thanks again.

Duc Vu

Not applicable

On the greetings page there are 3 radio buttons to choose from that dictate the source of the greeting. One for "system" (i.e. Unity generates a gretting using the extension number of the user), one for "Recording" for a user recorded greeting and one for "blank" which basically skips playing any greeting and goes right to the after greeting action.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Thanks, Jeff.

Not applicable

Hi Jeff
Does this mean we have to enable alternate greeting manually every holiday?