cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hospitality Environment

mhanderson
Level 1
Level 1

A customer wants to use Unity (Voice Mail) in a Hospitality environment (hotel). They would like to automatically clear out the voice mail and reset the greetings after a guest checks out from their Property Management System (PMS). Are there any shrink-wrap applications that would do this? Are there any published APIs for 3rd party software development?<br><br>TIA<br><br>Mark<br><br>Mark Anderson<br>SAIC<br>703 676-1019

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

Currently there's no easy way to do this. The Applications Team is currently working with a Cisco partner to help with the PMS itnegration portion of this and if we get that flying we'll be able to offer basic hotel/PMS functionality.

Buncha work involved with this, however... not only do you have the integration details (lots of squirly stuff in there) but we'll have to kick out a special hotel guest conversation (obviously can't have the full subscriber conversation for a hotel environment), deal with fun stuff like archiving messages for X days after checkout (state law in some places) etc... I've done this before in Repartee a few years back. It's doable but there's a ton of little details that need to be worked out.

Stay tuned... maybe later this year we'll have something we can roll with.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Jeff, thanks for the quick reply. That was what I expected to hear, I just needed some firm input from the Guru. I guess there is some interest in the hotel/PMS market.

Mark

Mark Anderson
SAIC
703 676-1019

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: