Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Hospitality Environment

A customer wants to use Unity (Voice Mail) in a Hospitality environment (hotel). They would like to automatically clear out the voice mail and reset the greetings after a guest checks out from their Property Management System (PMS). Are there any shrink-wrap applications that would do this? Are there any published APIs for 3rd party software development?<br><br>TIA<br><br>Mark<br><br>Mark Anderson<br>SAIC<br>703 676-1019

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Hospitality Environment

Currently there's no easy way to do this. The Applications Team is currently working with a Cisco partner to help with the PMS itnegration portion of this and if we get that flying we'll be able to offer basic hotel/PMS functionality.

Buncha work involved with this, however... not only do you have the integration details (lots of squirly stuff in there) but we'll have to kick out a special hotel guest conversation (obviously can't have the full subscriber conversation for a hotel environment), deal with fun stuff like archiving messages for X days after checkout (state law in some places) etc... I've done this before in Repartee a few years back. It's doable but there's a ton of little details that need to be worked out.

Stay tuned... maybe later this year we'll have something we can roll with.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Re: Hospitality Environment

Jeff, thanks for the quick reply. That was what I expected to hear, I just needed some firm input from the Guru. I guess there is some interest in the hotel/PMS market.

Mark

Mark Anderson
SAIC
703 676-1019

Views
Helpful
Replies