Views
Helpful
Replies

Host not found in 3.1

jkoniecki
Level 1
Level 1

hello ,

i have a general question . When i hit the speaker button and then hit the messages button on ccm3.1 I get host not found but it still connects me to the voice mail configured . Am i missing something . How do i remove this error before people start asking questions .

4 Replies 4

a.wells
Level 1
Level 1

Perhaps check your domain name entry under settings

network configuration.

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We are now experiencing a similar problem with Call Manager 3.1(2a) and Unified Messenger 4.01. We can dial the voicemail access number 1000 from the IP phone and get the "Welcome to Unified Messenger" prompt. However, when we press the messages button on the IP phone (7960 or 7940), we get a fast busy signal. The voicemail domain and voicemail partition are defined for each Call Manager's CMI service (publisher and one subscriber). As in your example, I tried pressing the speaker button, then the messages button and also got the "Host not found" message.

I saw the one reply to this note recommending to check the domain name in the network settings for the phone. Ours is coded saccounty.net. Any further recommendations or items to check would be appreciated.

Sincerely, Ginger

This is a cosmetic DDTS it is CSCdv13176. Looks like it is in a resolved state but do not see and what image it has been integrated into. If you are seeing it in 3.1(2a). Then it must be getting integrated into 3.1(3). Not sure though.

Thank you,

Thank you for the information. I opened an online TAC to request this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: