cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Host Not Found

tboynton
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone seen this problem. I'm running 3.0(10). Intermittently IIS has been going down. The 7960 phones display the message Host Not Found when you hit a button (i.e. directories). Once IIS is back up the phones continue to say Host Not Found until they are power cycled. A soft reset does not fix the problem. Has anyone experienced this and what did you do about it. There seem to be two problems. IIS crashing and the phones saying host not found.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

msamuels
Level 1
Level 1

We are also running 3.0(10). IIS has crashed a couple of times now. When this happens, our phones also display the same "host not found" messages. We haven't been able to fix it, but our only effective workaround has been to reboot the Call Manager server. IIS has only crashed on our publisher server, never the subscribers. No doubt we will have to upgrade to 3.1 when it arrives.

I'm working with the TAC right now with it. I'll let you know what I find out.

Kluso
Level 1
Level 1

I have only seen this problem twice (once on 3.0(10) and once on (11)). Both times, the web server logs showed the server had been recently hit by a flurry of requests from the code red worm. The IIS security patches had been applied to the server before the attack.

THIS MAY BE COMPLETE COINCIDENCE BUT…

I would be interested to know if you can correlate the time of your service disruption with multiple, consecutive code red probes. Look for a series of get request in your log with this string

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN%u9090%u6858%ucbd3%u7801%u9090%u6858%ucbd3%u7801%u9090%u6858%ucbd3%u7801%u9090%u9090%u8190%u00c3%u0003%u8b00%u531b%u53ff%u0078%u0000%u00=a 200 –

I see the code red requests in the logs but have no evidence that IIS shut down at this time.

The webserver is up right now but the phones are displaying Host Not Found unless I power cycle them. Soft resetting doesn't work.