cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how are you doing music on hold

bpalmquist
Level 1
Level 1

Wondering if anyone is doing anything "fancy" with music on hold. It would be nice to inexpensively provide custom music on hold in each of our branch offices without having to haul it over the WAN and without the hassle of a server at each branch. Any hardware devices or other creative ideas?

I'd even be curious to hear if you are doing anything besides standard music on hold in the call mgr server.

Thanks.

Brady

2 Replies 2

tim.medley
Level 2
Level 2

I'm not sure what all you are looking for, but for the record, we're running a dedicated MOH server in our centralized cluster, streaming unicast streams to 680 phones spread across 23 wan sites. There are 10 different MOH source files being used. Each site has the ability to have their own MOH sample, although a few of the sites are using the same source file. Eight of the source files are just converted mp3's, while two of them are custom marketing on hold messages.

tm

ksilva
Level 1
Level 1

Have you investigated MultiCast for the MOH? I have experimented with running on the 7815's sound card, and running the radio over that. Didn't sound too bad.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: