cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I add a 2801 router as a gateway?

tim_shunn
Level 1
Level 1

I just got a 2801 with SRST and need to add it as a voice gateway to Call Manager 4.0. I can add it easily enough as a H.323 gateway, but I would like to add it as a MGCP Gateway (I have no experience with H.323. For that matter I have no experince with MGCP, but it seem like the easier route.)

However, 2801 router is not an option from the dropdown box on the "Add a gateway" screen in Call Manger. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

3 Replies 3

sgelli
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Tim,

Which version of CallManager are you running exactly? It looks like 4.0(2)sr1 and 4.1(2)sr1 will have support for 2801. If you cannot upgrade at this time, you can select 2600 in place of 2801 for the MGCP Gateway as a work around.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Srikanth

I am running CallManager Version 4.0(2)a. Looks like it is time for an upgrade. Thanks you for your assistance.

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

Im running CM4.0(2a)sr2b and I have the option for the 2801 also. Worth while patching your system up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: