cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I avoid going to the generic greeting if enter invalid key?

annayuzhao
Level 1
Level 1

if I enter a caller input which is not configured, I'll hear "Sorry I did not recoginize this is a valid entry," then system plays unity generic greeting. Obiously I can check the ignore this key . But... How can the system play customer greeting if I didn't check the ignore? I guess one of the solution is to remove the default direct routing rule which send to cisco generic greeting. Is this supposed to be the solution? Thanks

2 Replies 2

sallwine
Level 1
Level 1

Go to the advanced settings tool, located in your tools depot. Find the setting Show Error greeting in SA. enable that. Then with Standard, Alternate, etc, you will see error. Then you can set it to whatever treatment you want.

Steve

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In addition to the registry change to show the error greeting in the SA you can use BulkEdit to change the Error greetings behavior. One option in there is to default to looping back to itself (i.e. you'll hear 'I'm sorry I did not hear that entry' and then it'll replay the same greeting instead of sending you back to the opening greeting by default). You can change the behavior for all call handlers and subscribers in one shot this way.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: