Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I build a VOIP SMALL LAB?

Thanks.....My budget is low.....

2 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Re: How can I build a VOIP SMALL LAB?

Hi

I'm guessing you mean for the CCIE lab? It really depends how comfortable you are with various parts of the exam blueprint..

You will need at least a few phones - I'd recommend you really need 7960s, and say three or four... hopefully you can borrow these as you don't often find them 'cheap'...

You'll also need a switch (doesn't need to be PoE if you have the power cubes for the phones), and ideally a couple of routers (one should be SRST capable, both should have some voice interfaces) to simulate a WAN...

You'll need a couple of servers - for this it's common to use VMWare (VMWare have a free product named VMWare Server which is great, use that)...search around for how to get CM running in a VM, the info is out there. Unity is simpler to get running (or at least the same as running on a real server).

You'll also need to run IPCC, I ran this co-located on the CM VM.

You get a version of IPCC Standard when you order the eval kit for CM4.0 (part no CM4.0-K9-NFR=), Unity demo kit is (UNITY4-DEMO-10USR).

Important things to concentrate on are the core products and all the features that are available; some of the more obscure hardware from the Lab Blueprint aren't easy to get hold of but are worth getting experience on - some companies out there have remote labs so maybe these are worth trying (it will be cheaper than spending $$$$ on a 6500 with a 6608 for example).

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Re: How can I build a VOIP SMALL LAB?

Aaron,

I am to interesting about it, so

Two questions,

1.- We can install CCM over 2 or 3 PC and use a router switch power in line ( spare ), and create a segment on 6500 to test mode.?

2.- Or instal CCM on just one MC and VM on PC for wan we use a segment from 6500, separate power in line switch?

Thank

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content