Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I easily configure 300 IP Phones in CCM 3.3

I have 2 Compaq DL380 which I have installed CCM 3.3. My question is how I easily can configure 300 IP Phones in CCM. CCM will be mebmer of an Windows Active Directory.

Trond

7 REPLIES
Gold

Re: How can I easily configure 300 IP Phones in CCM 3.3

Using the Bulk Administration Tool, known as BAT, you can compose a CSV file using common spreadsheet applications like Excel. You can then import that and have CallManager create all the stations to your specifications.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_user_guide_book09186a008011b4ee.html

Will it be possible to use autoregistration and then use the user database from AD to link users to an mac adress or an Ip phone?

If I use an csv file how will I easily import mac address to that file?

What I have done in the past is invest in a bar code scanner. You use the scanner to pull the MAC addresses off of the phone and into the Excel spreadsheet. Use BAT to import the spreadsheet. There is a template in callmanager that allows you to associate Users with phones automatically as you import them.

I have all the Serial numbers INM06XXXXX of 400 Ip phones in a spreadsheet, do you know if there is any relationship to calculate the MAC addresses from the serial number?

Thanks

There is no relationship between mac and serial. Use an bar code pen for registration.

After you creat all the users with there extension in your spread sheet file you will need to import them with the bat tool. the file that you creat does not need to have the mac address on it. you can creat them with bogus mac address. then you would set up a partition and css for auto register phones. you will need to set up ART this is a tool for auto registered phones. so now you have all of the peoples phones defined in CM after you inport with bogus mac address. you also have all of the phones registered in the autoregisterion space that you created. using the art tool the user or you will dial a number. AN iver system that gets installed with art will answer the phone and ask for you real extension. it will then make all the changes in CM so that phone is the extension that you imported.

hope this helps. it may not be clear let me know if you need more information.

Scott

While using the BAT tool, you can use a generic mac address, and import all the users with generic mac address, then use taps to register the phones and associate the coorsponding mac to user to dn.

There is a bit more to setting this up and configuring the bat and taps, but then you can preconfigure everything, and deploy the phones, when the users connects the phone, the can start the register process.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content