Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How can I filter calls in an AS5300

Hi everybody,

I am terminating traffic to different carriers in an AS5300. I set the voip and pot peers for them and everything is working fine. My only problem is that some of this carriers have too many gateways and that meens I need to add them in my acces list, a part from that that gateway list changes very soon and I am loosing minutes when they send traffic from a filtered IP. My question is:

Is there any way in a AS5300 to authenticate an call coming from the IP cloud a part from the acces list or the combination of numbers of the peers ???

I would be very gratefull if somebody could answer this urgent question

Regards,

1 REPLY

Re: How can I filter calls in an AS5300

If you have a gatekeeper, you can force your terminating partners to register into it using a password, see i.e.:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guide09186a00800b5d51.html

If not, you can tell your partners to use different tech-prefixes and route the calls according to these, leaving your access lists open.

If someone tries to terminate a call using your gateway with the wrong tech-prefix, the call will not be terminated. Obviously the first option is the more secure.

Regards

Views
Helpful
Replies