Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

How can i Install CCM on DL-320?

I have a Compaq DL-320, and i want to install CCM 3.1 on it!

Now the problem is that my DL-320 have just one SCSI HardDisk but no IDE HardDisk and have no IDE interface!

After a install CD1, the system will halt down when windows 2000 started, i want to know how can i install CMM on my DL-320

Thanks a Lot^_^

7 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: How can i Install CCM on DL-320?

To my knowledge our CD's will only work if you have the specified hardware that we have said to use. The reason is we use an image to put the files on there so the image is built on a box that we have put the hardware in that is on the requirements page.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Community Member

I know that clearly too,

The reason is that now we want to do some test in our lab, and we have ask dell fot the DL-320 with IDE interface, but DELL have stoped production DL-320 with IDE interface!

So i want to know if there's some way to install CCM in my DL-320, Thanks a lot!

Community Member

The ATA version is still available...The below is taken right from http://www.cisco.com/go/swonly/

Customers can order servers from Compaq resellers, distributors or directly from Compaq. (Browse to http://www.directplus.compaq.com/ Select Specials and Promotions, then enter Affiliate Pass Code 4080)

You'll see the DL320 right there, ATA and all!

- Ken

Cisco Employee

Ummm.. The DL-320 is a Compaq Box by the way... not a Dell Box. :)

Community Member

The DL-320 is basically MCS-7825. It has to have a 20G IDE hard drive, period! If you look at the Cisco installation CD it actually has configuration file for the 7825. The installation program actually works like the ghost program. It copies image onto the hard disk. The image is done based on an IDE hard drive. I spent my whole weekend tweaking Windows2K registry and I finally gave up around 5am Monday morning. The lesson I learned was " BUY WHAT'S RECOMMENDED"

Community Member

The DL-320 is basically MCS-7825. It has to have a 20G IDE hard drive, period! If you look at the Cisco installation CD it actually has configuration file for the 7825. The installation program actually works like the ghost program. It copies image onto the hard disk. The image is done based on an IDE hard drive. I spent my whole weekend tweaking Windows2K registry and I finally gave up around 5am Monday morning. The lesson I learned was " BUY WHAT'S RECOMMENDED"

Community Member

I have a compaq DL-320 that I bought based on the appropriate part number. I can't get the CM software to install on it. It won't boot off the CD and if I install 2000 and then run setup, it tells me that I do not have an approved system. Any thoughts? Or is there a link to the correct installation process that I have not been able to find?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content