cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I make a decision to use FXO or E&M on the PABX?

sheltonchan
Level 1
Level 1

I know that both interface can connect to PABX. How can I know when to use FXO or E&M to do it.

4 Replies 4

r-schumann
Level 1
Level 1

They are both pretty similar i make the decison based on what it cheaper to get on the PBX side. The FXO are a little easier to set-up and there is not as many echo issues with it. I generally use the FXO->FXS way if i need analog tie lines.

They may be similar by they are analogs, but E&M is much better by that it has the ability to control for disconnecting the call, and the FXS/FXO have problems to do so. i would go for E&M if the PBX support it.

Chester Rieman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Without question, E&M is the way to go.

Hi .. I am not sheltonchan . I am Minhaz from bangladesh. I setup 2 Routers they are 1751 -4V. now thing is In each end i install E&M module which are connected to my PBX Panasonic that has also the E&M Module. that means from one end to another end the Prouter is connected as well as the PBX system is connected the PBX system is now working as a Tie Trunk.

But what happen that is in one end there is 4 PSTN connection which directly terminante to the PBX what when i tried to transfer that line it become deficult it is going thorugh but with the help of some operator.

second thing when the 2nd end if those ppl want to get the access of PSTN then they cant ... but if they want to call any person who are connected to the 1st end they can connect vary ezly.. like they press 9 to get access the Tie line which is connected from PBX to Router then they press 5... that means the destination digit of the router & any 3 digit for that end PBX number .. so in this case can u help me ... if then please mail me in this mail number

sminhaz@bnfcom.com

wating for your kind reply.