Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

how can i view a 7960 users on/off hook status from another 7960?

i want to know when a 7960 user is off hook and in converasation via some visual clue from another 7960 phone in our network. this would be needed when calling from one in network phone to another. the value is time savings -- if the targeted phone is being used, the person calling would hang up and either try later or make contact by means other than the phone.

the value of knowing this information would be the time savings in immediately knowing if a phone users is on a call instead of waiting for voice mail to pick up.

feel free to suggest whatever means can deliver this information.

we are a CCM 3.2(c) and Unity 3.1(5) shop.

3 REPLIES

Re: how can i view a 7960 users on/off hook status from another

If you're looking for an easy solution, just configure a shared line appearance on both phones. When someone is using the extension, there will be a flashing "X" over the extension if it is in use. (ex: ext 1234 on IP phone 1 and ext 1234 on IP phone number 2)

An alternative, would be to use the 7914 along with the 7960 for even more of a visual cue. THe lines on the 7914 actually have colored buttons (red and green) to determine line status on shared lines as well as normal calls.

maybe i am not looking for the easy solution...

i prefer not to take up the desk real estate that the 7914 consumes, though i can't argue with the simplicty.

what i want is a "virtual shared line" kinda feature that lets me get the "flashing X" for any extension i dial during the ringing phase. is that programatically possible?

We use Web Attendant. You have the ability to add the extensions that you want to monitor, and when they are busy, they change colors.

Chandler

Views
Helpful
Replies