Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How can we fix these Unity Aplication event log errors

This event happens then the next one is an error. These events happen every day at 2am.

Event Type: Information

Event Source: MSSQLSERVER

Event Category: (6)

Event ID: 17055

Date: 12/7/2003

Time: 2:00:01 AM

User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Computer: JDRF-UNITY

Description:

18270 :

Database differential changes backed up: Database: UnityDb, creation date(time): 2003/06/04(21:17:46), pages dumped: 154, first LSN: 1128:42:1, last LSN: 1128:44:1, full backup LSN: 1066:52:3, number of dump devices: 1, device information: (FILE=8, TYPE=DISK: {'UnityDbDump'}).

########

Event Type: Error

Event Source: MSSQLSERVER

Event Category: (6)

Event ID: 17055

Date: 12/7/2003

Time: 2:00:01 AM

User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Computer: JDRF-UNITY

Description:

3041 :

BACKUP failed to complete the command BACKUP LOG UnityDb TO UnityDbDump

5 REPLIES
Gold

Re: How can we fix these Unity Aplication event log errors

That bug Id is helpfull. The bug ID says that it's fixed in Unity 4.0.3 and we are using Unity version 4.0.3.

Does anyone have any more information on these errors? I am getting the exact same error sequence every morning at 2am. I looked at that bugID and tried to start the job manually, but the job failed with the same errors. I noticed that the bug ID references similar errors, but not the exact errors I am seeing (the ones I am seeing are the errors shown in the first post of this thread.)

This is a new system that will be installed next week, and a look at the SQL logs in Enterprise Mgr shows that I've been getting these errors since day one. This is Unity 4.0.3 running MSDE, and the only special thing I've done is move the databases and transaction logs.

Thanks for the help.

Cisco Employee

Actually I think you're seeing this one, which is very similar to the one Keith posted:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCed49212

There is a workaround included-- basically change the recovery model to FULL. That should take care of it. (Thanks Manoj for figuring this out.)

--jk

Yes. That looks like exactly what I'm seeing. When I get back on site I will make this change, and I'm confident that the workaround will fix it.

Thanks for your help.

Views
Helpful
Replies