cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I combine multiple E1 lines for voice?

yeopaul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 2 E1 lines for my voice gateway. it creates 2 D serial interfaces 1/0:15 and 1/1:15.

when I specify in my dial-peer voice <> pots, I can only specify 1 port. However I thought of using the 2 lines combined. Can I multilink the two E1 and make the voice-peer to point to the multilink interface? Or is there any other way to do it? Is it advisable?

4 Replies 4

msolak
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

you can use the "trunk group" configuration for that.

1) you have to configure a global "trunk group " (for example "trunk group 1".

2) you must associate the trunk group to the interfaces.

interfaces serial 1/0:15

trunk group 1

interface serial 1/1:15

trunk group 1

3)you must associate the pots dial-peer with trunk group 1

dial-peer voice 10 pots

trunk group 1

Hope this help.

Regards

mehmet

Hi Mehmet,

Thank you very much.

Hi Mehmet,

Too bad that my voice gate doesn't support trunk group command or at least it doesn't allow me to key in the command.

I am using a cat 4006, SUp II. System image file is "flash:c4gwy-io3sx3-mz.122-10.bin".

Is there any other option, or is there anything I must do to enable this feature?

Trunk group is a cool thing but when you cant use it you can simply try

to add second dial peer with different port and the same destination pattern or incoming called number. You can also use preference command on the dial-peer config mode to distinguish which dial-peer use first.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: