Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How do I convert a .wav file to the proper format?

I have a customer that had their greetings for their call managers professionaly recorded. However, the format that these were done in are keeping me from pating the file in the greeting, I just keep getting the "unable to paste file" error.

Does anyone know hos I can change the codec to get these into the proper format?

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: How do I convert a .wav file to the proper format?

Are you pasting these into Unity? I'm unclear from your wording here.

If so, what format are they in? You must have the coded the files were recorded in on the box that you are pasting the file in via the media master control in the SA - the media master should be able to convert just about anything assuming the box you're on at the time has the appropriate coded for the files in question.

I am using the "paste from file option", I belive from the media master controle. I am not sure what codec they are in now, their administrator had an off site company record the file into a .wav format.

This is the first time I have run into this problem, but I did notice that a previous thread had been posted on this subject, and the solution was to change the codec of the wav file. I am just curious is their a way that I can change these files, which I haved saved to the C: drive to another codec?

Cisco Employee

Can you send me one to lindborg@cisco.com? I'll take a look at it and see what format it's in...

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.