cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I dial using Softphone by clicking a link on a web page?

y.chew
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a scenario whereby Softphone will be installed on a Win2K based information machine at public area. There are 2 things I wish to achieve:

1. How do I achieve dialing to a specific number, say "999" via the Softphone on a desktop by simply clicking a link on a web page, e.g. "Click here to contact "999"? What customization needs to be done?

2. As Softphone does not have speed dial functionality, is it possible to customise so that when user click on any of the keys on the dial-pad, Softphone will automatically call to a specific number, say "0" to the operator? What needs to be done?

3. Is it possible to configure speed dial on Softphone? If yes, how?

Thanks,

Ryan

3 Replies 3

schemberg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ryan,

I would suggest you to wait for Webdialer. That software provides a HTTP-Connector for dialing with a phone. Takes some month to be available. Otherwise you can use Netmeeting with "callto:"-HTML-Tag, which is propertary by Microsoft.

Bye,

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

Ryan,

Question 2/3. Use dial rules in softphone to add or delete digits based on a pattern dialed, this way you can create speed dials for users.

Dialing from a web page requires the web page to have an active component that utilises the TAPI driver on the PC viewing the page. Not very common (come to think of it I've NEVER seen it done). I'm sure it's possible but you'll probably have to do it yourself.

Paul

Thanks Axel & Paul for your responses.

Paul, are you saying the web developer needs to develop his program to utilise the TAPI which Cisco provides? I'm not particularly sure where the demarcation is between Cisco IPT and the Web Portal. Is it possible that you elaborate more for my better understanding?

Thanks again for your help.

Rdgs,

Ryan