cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I get specific rings on other lines

jsmbrown
Level 1
Level 1

Call Manager 3.3.3 has options for setting unique rings on multiple lines on the same phone. But when I go to select the ring settings for the other lines, I am only seeing 7 different ring types. I would like to be able to select from the main list of rings for each phone line on the phone. Is there a way to do this, or am I limited to the 7?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

PvanBreda
Level 1
Level 1

You will need to edit the DistinctiveRingList.xml file in c:\program files\cisco\tftpath. Make it the same as the RInglist.xml file if that is where you have made enteries for additional ringtones. If you are using the dfault rings then just copy and paste the contents from ringlist.xml into DistinctiveRingList.xml.

Then stop and restart the tftp service. It might take a bit due to the tftp path being cached.

Peter

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

PvanBreda
Level 1
Level 1

You will need to edit the DistinctiveRingList.xml file in c:\program files\cisco\tftpath. Make it the same as the RInglist.xml file if that is where you have made enteries for additional ringtones. If you are using the dfault rings then just copy and paste the contents from ringlist.xml into DistinctiveRingList.xml.

Then stop and restart the tftp service. It might take a bit due to the tftp path being cached.

Peter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: