Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

How do I login to a CMM that has telnet and SSH disabled?

My Cisco Media Module has lost its' mind and blocked telnet and SSH. The card appears to boot up, responds to pings, but nothing else. I cannot ssh or telnet to the unit, and a "session slot X processor 0 " command on the supervisor card does not work because Telnet is blocked even on the backplane. I have heard a rumor that there is a COM port built onto the CMM, but I cannot find any information or com parameters to make this work. Is there a "password recovery" procedure for the CMMs similar to what you would do for a 2600 series router? (Power off, interrupt the boot process and boot into ROMMOM, change the config register, etc.....).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES
Green

Re: How do I login to a CMM that has telnet and SSH disabled?

Hi Brent,

Yes u can do it,

Disable the power of the CMM module.

set module power down mod command to power down the CMM.

Then remove the CMM and the card will have 2 RJ45 entries in the right side (white). Use the one in the upper corner. You need to connect a straight through cable RJ45 cable to the serial port of your PC. (not rolled cable). And use parameters of Hyperterminal for restore defaults (9600-8-n-1-n)

Insert the card...

Set power on...

Normally you have to remove upper card if no space for the cable.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/prod_module_install_config_guide09186a008014f5b1.html#wp118796

HTH

/G

Gonz,

Thats good info!

Community Member

When you say "straight through RJ45", I would assume that I can use my blue cisco console cable that I use to console to the Sup720. Is this accurate?

Green

No, Use a straight through, the blue cable is rolled.

You can use for example the ethernet cable u use for connecting a phone.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content