cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I setup external call route direct to Unity

daniels
Level 1
Level 1

I have setup a new system with one CM server (3.0.6) and one Unity server (2.4.573) in a stand-alone W2K domain. I have setup all the internal voicemail accounts on Unity and they work fine.<br><br>Now I need to setup external call routing so that all external calls go to a Unity "Welcome" call handler. In fact what I want is exactly the setup flowcharted on page 4 of the "Cisco Callmanager 3.01 and dual-switch integration guide". (See <A HREF="http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity24/integuid/callma30.pdf" target="_new">http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity24/integuid/callma30.pdf</A>)<br><br>Unfortunately this document gives no clues as to how to actually set this up. I currently have 2 analog lines coming into a VG200 while we wait for the PRI to be delivered. All incoming calls on these lines go to a line on the Receptionist's 7960 IP phone at present. I want them to go to Unity call handler first and am not sure how to achieve this.<br><br>If anyone would be kind enough to provide me some clues, or some on-line documentation I have missed to help setting this up I'd be very grateful.<br><br>Daniel Salzedo<br><br>

8 Replies 8

dgrant
Level 1
Level 1

How you do this depends on whether you are using MGCP or H.323 on your VG200. But the bottom line is, you need configure the VG200 (or the CallManager if MGCP is used) to dial the Unity Pilot number instead of the receptionists phone when a call comes in on those analog lines. Once this is completed, outside callers will hear Opening Greeting when they dial in.

If you give me a snippet of your voice-port and dial-peer configurations from the VG200 along with the Unity Pilot number I can give you a sample config.

-Dustin

Thanks, the VG200 us using MGCP. By the Unity Pilot number do you mean the directory number users dial to access Unity? If so then I set this as the number to send incoming calls on the VG200 to and this does work. The standard automated Unity greeting plays and the caller can dial an extension or use the directory.

Is this is the way you are supposed to do it? The only problem with this setup is that every call directed by the default greeting always goes to voicemail regardless of whether the extension being called is bust or not. What do I need to look at in Unity to resolve this, or am I not using the right pilot number?

In the Unity SA, goto the subscriber configuration and then select "Call Transfer". Ensure that you have chosen "Yes, ring subscriber's extension" underneath of the "Transfer incoming calls to subscriber's phone?" section.

-Dustin

Thanks, that was the problem, the default subscriber template was set to play the subscriber's greeting instead of transfer.

Daniel Salzedo

Not applicable

You wrote earlier, "Now I need to setup external call routing so that all external calls go to a Unity "Welcome" call handler. "

An external routing rule is not going to work. The TSP marks all incoming calls to Unity as "internal" regardless of their true origin. That is because there is no skinny equivalent message of call origin. However, I do have an idea on how call origin could be derived. Unfortunately, that's a code change.

With the incoming PRI, do you have DID's that you want to first ring extensions, or should every call off of the PRI enter voice mail?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Thanks for the reply. We did not want to use DIDs with the PRI, as we prefer calls to go through a central call handler so everyone hears the same corporate greeting message.

I have set the Attendant DN numbers of the VG200 ports to the dial-in number of the Unity system. This works, but as you say, the external caller information is lost, all that appears is the DN of the Unity system.

I have resolved all the other issues I was having. When you say a code change is involved, would this be a patch or a CM and/or Unity upgrade?

Not applicable

Oh, about the code change....

That's a pie-in-the-sky idea I had on having the TSP "recognize" a call to be external. I can't divulge how I was going to try it, but in theory, it's possible.

However, as I thought about it some more, it's probably harder to do in practive than in theory. I would have to look at some traces to know for sure. This is a feature request that I'll submit. In all reality, don't look for it too soon.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

You mentioned that you were using CM 3.0.6. This version of the CallManager has a problem with Release Transfers. I believe this problem was fixed in 3.0.7, but you should probably upgrade to the latest version of Unity and CCM.

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: