cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I transfer to a IPICP QUEUE

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I’m trying to build an Audio text application for our customer. <br><br>Some of the options will transfer to a subscriber and other choices will transfer the caller to an IPICD queue. <br><br>I was expecting to be able to transfer based on caller input but it appears I must create an intermediary Call Handler (CH) and configure the intermediary CH to transfer the caller to the IPICD. <br><br>Am I reading this wrong? <br><br>Regards<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by kanuk on 5/16/02 12:56 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

No, you're reading it right... a one key rule can hand the call off to a call handler. The call handler can be configured to transfer to a number or play a greeting or try the number then play the greeting if there's no answer etc...

this is the design of the system... for a fully functioning auto attendant it really has to be that way since you have to indicate how to do the transfer, what to do if it's busy (i.e. allow hold), which greeting to play if the call returns RNA/Busy, which object should get messages for this handler, what to do after taking a message etc... it's not a simple matter of just saying "when I press one dial this number".

It adds some complexity to the system, no doubt, but it adds a lot more functionality and power with it. If you're looking at easier/faster ways to create audio text applications on the fly, check out the Audio Text manager tool on AnswerMonkey.net on the 3.x tools page. Making call handlers off one key rules is a point and click operation with this tool... makes stuff like this a snap.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: