Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

How do you change the admin password

How do you change the admin password on CCMAdmin in an environment with one publisher and one subscriber? Will it bring anything offline?

5 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: How do you change the admin password

No you'll be fine changing both the admin and CCMAdmin user (if you use it), just make sure that you do them on all machines in the cluster at around the same time.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_1/sys_ad/adm_sys/ccmsys/a10accts.htm

Cisco Employee

If you do change it just make sure you go to serivces and see what services log on as that user and make sure you change the passwork there as well. If you don't he services will not start up the next time you reboot the CCM.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Community Member

How can I tell what services log on as this user (administrator)?

This inspires me to ask: if I'd like to add a whole new username and password for access to CCMAdmin, can I do that without a downtime? And how do I do that?

Community Member

There already is such a user, a user called "CCMAdmin" should already be on your system, all you need to do is assign a password to it.

Community Member

The administrator account on the machine has to have the same password as the CCMAdmin, doesn't it?

We just want to give low-level access to CallManager so the phone order department can enter new VoIP users. It looks like we have to give them root access to the whole server just to enter a new user, don't we?

(Can I get feedback from a Cisco tech on this one?)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content