cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you compute for average hold time?

smoran69
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm using IPCC 4.6 and I want to play the average hold time in queue to the callers and am wondering what is the best way of computing this....

Thanks,

Sean

2 Replies 2

fmeetz
Level 4
Level 4

Hold down time is the 'elapsed time between the time that an agent first put the call on hold and when the agent last took the call off of hold, not including talk time'. Hence I guess, the average hold down time can be computed by adding the longest hold down time and the smallest and then divide the result by 2. This could be one way you could do it.

For more information on all these hold down time , handle time and similar stuff, you could refer to:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_user_guide_chapter09186a0080146c43.html

Hope this helps.

platkeet
Level 1
Level 1

Since the agents are in queue, I'm assuming that they are being treated at the IPIVR while waiting for an agent.

The simplest way to do this is to invoke a translation route to VRU step, and program the IPIVR application answering the call to fetch the value stored in a specific Peripheral.CallVariable transported by the ICM as part of the translation route process.

For example, if you know the queue that the caller wants, you can set a Call.PeripheralVariableX (there are ten of them) to equal the Expected Delay for that skill group. On the RunVRUScript step immediately after the TranslationRoutetoVRU step, ICM will send the PeripheralVariable value to the VRU, where it can be fetched by your IPIVR application. You'd then code the IPIVR app to "speak" the expected delay value.

The only caveat: you can only check this once...if you loop the IPIVR script to re-speak the delay (a courtesy for the caller), you won't be able to fetch a new value for the EXD, since it's already been provided by the ICM.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Tim "Platkeet"