cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you turn off MOH???

mciarochi
Level 1
Level 1

I've just recovered from a catastrophic failure, and one of the artifacts of the recovery is that we now have Music on Hold. We don't want it.

Turning it on is documented all over the place, but what exactly do I do to turn it off?

4 Replies 4

dweiner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

MoH Sources are configured at different levels. Check:

1) Device - Phone - DN settings

2) Device - Phone settings

3) System - Device Pool

4) Service - Service Parameters - CallManager Services - DefaultNetworkHoldMOHAudioSourceID

5) Service - Service Parameters - CallManager Services - DefaultUserHoldMOHAudioSourceID

You'll probably want to check your gateways too.

I believe you can also just go under Service - Music on Hold and delete all audio sources.

rchapee
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure if it is a bug but even when all sources have been turned off you can still get MOH. This varies from one CCM build to another. One way for sure get rid of it is to delete the MOH servers. They can be added back very easy when needed.

** www.iptnetworkers.com ** small but growing fast!

What a pain. For anyone looking this up, I've gotten a half dozen ways to do this, none of which entirely work, all of which pertain to a CCM configuration that is different than mine. It also varies (including menu options) from version to version.

At present, the best solution that I have is to go into the MOH server configuration and set the "RUN FLAG" to "NO" on all of them. The only issue I have at present is that there is no "on-hold beep" for off-switch calls, but at least the awful rendition of "What Child is This, and Why are they playing it on my Phone?" is gone.

mciarochi
Level 1
Level 1

Definitive answer! Delete the Audio Source, -OR- set the RUN FLAG to "NO", -OR- delete the MOH servers. Any of the above works. You can also clear flags on a device-by-device basis.

My problem was I did not get the "On Hold Tone". This is set under Service Parameters>Cisco CallManager>ToneOnHold, and must be set to a value greater than 5 (seconds). It was set to 0, which left the on hold listener with dead air. I set mine to 180, which sends three beeps when hold is initiated, and another beep every 180 seconds.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: