cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How long are callers on hold with UC500?

aobeso
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to display on the phones or another console how long callers have been on hold while using a UC500 with a PRI? Often we have many callers on hold and we would like a simple way to know who called first, how long on hold, etc.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Alex,

This type of config is not available on UC500 or CME. About the best you can do is to enable this feature so that callers are not left on Hold for long periods of time;

For CME :)

On-Hold Indicator

On-hold indicator is an optional feature that generates a ring burst on idle IP phones that have placed a call on hold. An option is available to generate call-waiting beeps for occupied phones that have placed calls on hold. This feature is disabled by default.

LED color display for hold state, also known as I-Hold, is supported in Cisco Unified CME 4.0(2) and later versions. The I-Hold feature provides a visual indicator for distinguishing a local hold from a remote hold on shared lines on supported phones, such as the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7931G. This feature requires no additional configuration.

SCCP: Enabling On-Hold Indicator

The Call Hold feature is available by default. To define an audible indicator as a reminder that a call is waiting on hold, perform the following steps.

SUMMARY STEPS

1. enable

2. configure terminal

3. ephone-dn dn-tag [dual-line]

4. hold-alert timeout {idle | originator | shared}

5. end

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmering.html#wp1013688

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob, really appreciate the response and detailed suggestions! Thank you.

I am wondering if maybe there may be some 3rd party apps that may help display on-hold time for us? On the phones would be ideal, or even on a separate console? Any tips are most appreciated. Thank you!

Alex

Alex, I'm not aware of any ready application that does that. If you're interested in developing a custom one, write with the details to the email address present in my profile.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: