Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

how many participants can one conference session support on 6608

Does anybody have this field experience?

I have tested the DSPs on routes, like 3725 , 3660 , the maxium participants are only 6 no matter how big you set up on the CCM service parameter. This is OK because this is what Cisco says in their document.

But however I came across a topic saying that 6608 actually can support more that 6 participants if you increase the ad hoc or meet me maxium number in the CCM. I couldn't get a chance to test it in the lab, does anybody have this experience, thanks.

5 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: how many participants can one conference session support on

Yes the 6608 will support more than 6 participants. I have configured two ports on the 6608 as conference bridges and configured in Service Parameters the field "Max ad-hoc Conference" to 10 and the field "Max MeetMe Conference Unicast" to 10. I have tested the ad-hoc conference and it will support 10 participants.

Here is what Cisco says about the 6608:

The 6608 T-1 blade can support 32 G.711 or G.723 conference participants per physical port (256/module) or 24 G.729 conference participants per port or 192 per module. The 6608 can support both compressed and uncompressed voip conference calls. It supports up to 6 callers per conference call with a maximum of 32 simultaneous G.711 conference callers per configured port.

Thanks a lot.

But the way I am looking at the "supports up to 6 callers per conference call ", it literally means that only support maxium 6 callers in one conference? It imply that you can't exceed 6 in one conference, but you can have 32 people from one configured port for couple couple conferences. Am my assumption right?

Bronze

I totally agree with what your saying. However, I have our system set for 10 and have tested it and it works fine.

I've tested with up to 15 participants, after this, new participants could not join.

Thanks guys for your good information. That answers my question. I guess something wrong with the document.

Views
Helpful
Replies