cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How much latitude do we have in customizing messaging sequence in 3.1?

dsiwa
Level 1
Level 1

The overwhelming response we're starting to receive regarding Unity functionality is... cumbersome to navigate, too many prompts, takes too long to send a message. As much as I want to say 'get over it, system IS different from the system you've been using for the last 15yrs' are the ways to address some their gripes.

For example... "Difficult to send multiple messages to multiple users. suggest, record message first and then address it to multiple people." Outside of being a developer, is this even possible?

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can't customize the subscriber conversation if that's what you're asking.

but your post body doesn't match the title... message sequence WILL be customizable in the Unity 4.0 release. The FlexStack feature will allow users to dictate which messages are offered in what order on a per user baisis. They'll be able to dictate if urgent emails play before normal voice mail etc... which will be nice since no matter what you do with the message stack, someone wont like it because it's not how their last system worked. We'll be the only ones out there with such a feature that I know of.

However the message addressing sequence etc... is not something you can go in and customize. I'm sure our UI folks take note of such feedback. There is some conversation work in 4.0 around the message retrieval and send conversations but I'm not sure exactly what's being done there right off...