Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How operate between CCM Publisher and Subscriber ?

Hi,

I want to estimate the traffic by the CCM database replicaiton. I have a Publisher on local and subscriber on the remote.

Q1) How replicate between them ? only change occurred or pediodically(if then, how open) ?

Q2) How big the replication size ? only changes or whole database ?. please estimate the size.

Q3) what ports they are using ? I think two protocols that LDAP(tcp 389) and SQL(TCP ?). please clarify me.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: How operate between CCM Publisher and Subscriber ?

Q1) Both replication and state updates are continuous and live.

Q2) SQL sends only updates, and I believe LDAP does as well. Size is completely dependent on how much stuff you have in your database and your rate of change.

Q3) You will be using at least LDAP (unsure if DC Directory uses port 389 for replication), MS SQL (port 1433) and an assortment of other ports, some random, for live intracluster communication.

The SRND (Solutions Reference Network Design) document for CallManager available at http://www.cisco.com/go/srnd contains advice on setting up clusters across WANs. At a minimum, the servers may have no more than 20ms one-way latency and 900kbps of bandwidth available between them. The bandwidth requirement scales up as call processing volume increases.

Re: How operate between CCM Publisher and Subscriber ?

I want to apply a QoS(LLQ) bandwidth for the CCM replication because the two CCMs through WAN. Do I need assign the CCM-replicaiton into the LLQ queue 900Kbps ?

Thanks,

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content