cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Add New Phones - Cisco 7945 - To environment

Val Constable
Level 1
Level 1

I working with CUCM Version 7.1.5.20000-6 / Cisco MCS 7800 Series Media Convergence Server.

I would like help to do the following :

(1) How do I locate / find within the system - a list of unsed extension / phone numbers - that I can assign out.

(2) I just got a 20 new phones and would like to know how do I go about adding these phones in the system and then get them assigned with actual telephone numbers / extensions.

Thaks in advance for your comments and help.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1 CUCM has no idea of what range you have, want to assign, etc. so no, it will only tell you what you have configured.

2 CUCM documentation has all such info, either online, or help -> for this page on the server.

Device -> phone -> add new, fill in the blanks, save, click on Add DN on left hand side, fill in the blanks, save.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime, thanks for your time and info. - I have inherited this system that's the reason why I do not know what ranges are configured on the system, and you are correct I only want to know what is configured - is there docs on this process that you are aware of?

Have you ever done a Supercopy before and or a Copy of an existing phone config in the CUCM? If so what are the advantages and disadvantages.

Thanks again for your infomative and positive feedback.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Val,

I'll just add a couple of notes to the good info from Java (+5 "J")

To find the currently assigned numbers;

From CUCM admin try Call Routing > Route Plan Report and once it loads

up look at the top right hand corner of the page for "View in File" this will allow

you to save a copy in .csv format that shows all current DN's

Super-copy is pretty fast and you could certainly add 20 7945's in less

than an hour. Build the first one with meticulous detail and then when you super-copy

the other 19 there will be minimal changes (DN,name,description,CSS) to be done.

Cheers!

Rob

"Your life is worth much more than gold." 

- Bob Marley

I've seen people in your similar situation (untrained/unexperienced) unassign dn's as you have attrition/movement.  Then you can make use of Rob's route plan report but selecting unassigned dn's.  That way you have a list of 'unused numbers' (assuming a dn is added for every available DID).  It requires too much admin carefulness to be relied upon imho though but your mileage may vary.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: