cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to apply CRS Supervisor Agent License file

roberts
Level 1
Level 1

I've received a license file for the CRS Supervisor Agent but can't for the life of me figure out where to place it. The file is named "1_multipart_xfff_crs2003044.lic.txt" (well, roughly).

Can someone please advise?

cheers

7 Replies 7

cory-gray
Level 1
Level 1

When you go through setup, does the GUI ask you where the license file is located?

Yes. However, the CRS is already installed. This is just to update the supervisor licence. Cisco's instructions indicate 1) Create a CRSLicense directory and place the .lic file in it. Do I need to rename the file from *.lic.txt to *.txt? Also, the licence file is prepended with "1_multipart_xF8FF_2..." Do I need to chop this off - i.e. should the file just read CRS200305060(etc).lic? The full file name is 1_multipart_xF8FF_2_CRS20030505055345400.lic.txt, however, looking under an existing c:\licence folder the file name is lic (not .lic.txt) and is not prepended w/ 1_mulipart....

Finally, is this implying I need to rerun setup.exe for the CRS in order to upgrade the licencing of the Supervisor desktop? In which case, will the CRS go down during this time - what else will happen? After hours?

Thanks

The full name should just have *.lic no *.txt or *.txt.lic. Take the text file and do a "save as". In the file type box, select "all files." Now prepend the file name with .lic and you should see your new license file appear right next to your text file. When it ask you for a license file, point it to whatever folder your license file is in and it should work. I hope that is help. Let me know.

Thanks. Now, for the 2nd part of my question. The CRS was installed months ago with licences for 5 supervisor desktops. This licence is to increase that.

1) Do I need to re-run the CRS setup program to install the Supervisor files?

2) If so, what is the user impact - will the CRS come down or can I do this live?

3) If this is a re-installation, will I need to re-apply all service packs, etc.

I don't know the upgrade procedure, but I do know if you rerun the setup process, CRS will not function because the processor won't be able to provide any function other than the install. Try to find the upgrade procedure, but do not rerun setup if you want 100% uptime.

Thanks. My intention of this post was to find the licence upgrade procedure.

If any one else is "listening", I'd appreciate your input.

Once you have saved the license file properly as a "...... .lic" file and placed it in the "license folder" that you have all the license files, you run the following program to activate the license.

Note: You must be on the CRS CONSOLE, this will not work via terminall services.

Go to Start >> Programs >> Cisco CRA Administrator >> License Update Utility

A window will appear showing your current licenses. Select the "Update Licenses" button and yourt new licenses should be activated.

Good luck............................

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: