Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to apply "charging unit" on VoIP GW(Cisco 3662)?

With SNMP, there is an OID called "dialCtlPeerStatsChargedUnits"("1.3.6.1.2.1.10.21.1.2.2.1.1") under the "DIAL-CONTROL-MIB" tree.

In default, I always get the value of "0" with this OID.

How can I configure to apply "charging unit" over the calls passing through VoIP GW's PSTN interfaces?

RFC 2128 says on this OID,

"The total number of charging units applying to this

peer since system startup.

Only the charging units applying to the local interface,

i.e. for originated calls or for calls with 'Reverse

charging' being active, will be counted here."

What I want to configure is to get charging unit counters concerning calls from VoIP side to PSTN side through VoIP GW...

Is there any configuration command? Or I have a wrong idea?

Thanks in advance for any advice on this issue...

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: How to apply "charging unit" on VoIP GW(Cisco 3662)?

I guess, you need to specify the interface on the gateway through which the incoming and outgoing calls are being charged. Not sure how to do this. Maybe anybody having done this can enlighten us.

Re: How to apply "charging unit" on VoIP GW(Cisco 3662)?

Yes, I guess so.

I looked up the documentation on configuration commands for dial-peer interfaces, because I think it would be dial-peer interface where the charing unit can be applied.

Calls destined to mibile phone would be charged in different way, more expensive than that of calls destined to POTS phone. So, the charging unit may be configured on the dial-peer interface, on that interface the calls are selected based on the destination pattern.

But I can't find out corresponding command in documentation.

Now, I think it's possible that I need external server which should provide "charging unit" information based on calls, maybe...

Thanks for any further advices...

Views
Helpful
Replies