Cisco Support Community
Community Member

How to block inbound caller ID for specific DID

Customer needs to block INBOUND caller ID for specific DIDs so they do not not appear on the phone. Gateway is a 6608 with PRI. I have tried using a translation pattern with the call party transformations set to mask the CID and reroute the call to different number. When the call is first received on the phone, you see the info configured in the translation pattern for a split second, but then the CID info is passed through from the PSTN. I also tried setting the Calling Party Presentation to "restricted" but this did not work. I presume this is more for outbound calling.

Any Ideas???

Cisco Employee

Re: How to block inbound caller ID for specific DID

If you already have translation rule configured you should be able to block the caller-id by setting the calling party presentation to "restricted". On the translation pattern configuration page simply have the calling party prentation set. This will show "private" on the phone display.

Hope that helps..

Community Member

Re: How to block inbound caller ID for specific DID

I did try using the calling party presentation set to "restricted". This did not work. I saw "Private" briefly as the call iitialed, but CID was visible on the phone after the translation pattern transfered the call.

CreatePlease to create content