Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Silver

how to block specific incoming calls

CCM 4.1(3)sr2

I am currently able to block specific calling numbers from PSTN with translation rules like this in my h323 gateway:

voice translation-rule 10

rule 1 reject /323xxx9650/

rule 2 reject /323xxx9580/

Then I use it with a call-block translation profile on the dial peer like this:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

call-block translation-profile incoming call_block_profile

destination-pattern 9T

progress_ind setup enable 3

incoming called-number .T

direct-inward-dial

port 2/0:23

Now I want to convert to MGCP and find that doing this same thing in Callmanager is [to me] less than obvious. Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES

Re: how to block specific incoming calls

Stick with H323 if you are wanting to do call control for PSTN calls, because, with MGCP, it is doable from CallManager using a combination of Route Patterns / Translation Patterns, but it is MUCH more convoluted than what you currently have established with your translation rules, which look pretty clean to me. If there is no GOOD reason to change, leave it alone....

Silver

Ah yes. But my users, they want caller ID text to display with the # on their phones. That is what is motivating the move to MGCP. I thought the same thing about the possibility of using translation patterns but I don't see how that would work. There is no way to match a calling # in a translation pattern.

For MGCP I would create a Translation pattern to translate the incoming called number to a number that doesn't exist on the system, or translate the number to a CTI route point that forwards to voicemail where you can record a message that the call is being blocked.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content