Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to bypass Unity greeting and go straight to a mailbox

How can I pass a dialed number string to Unity so that I can bypass the initial Unity greeting and deliver a call straight to the user's mailbox? I am integrating with Queue Manager and have a script that allows users to enter the digits of the extension that they want to dial. I then want to pass the digits collected from the caller in Queue Manager to Unity and have it land the call on the correct voicemail without re-prompting the user for an extension.

TIA.

6 REPLIES

Re: How to bypass Unity greeting and go straight to a mailbox

You pass a #2 to Unity at the end of the extension. This will transfer straight to the mailbox.

In your case you will append the string #2 at the end of the string you are sending Unity.

Perhaps I am confused. How do I send the extension string to Unity? What I have is the digits from the caller (i.e. "1234") and the number for Unity is 5678. How do I concatenate all of this so that Queue Manager dials Unity (5678) and passes "1234"?

I am not sure what this Queue manager is. Is it something that can dial a number.

If it can dial a number, you dial the Unity server. Wait for the greeting and then dial the extension.

Queue Manager is from Cisco (stripped-down CRS IVR).

I have been looking around and found this too. You might want to post this question to the Contact Center forum. They might know more on how the calls are send to the IP phones using the queue manager.

Gold

If you look here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800dea82.shtml

you'll see instructions for how to configure CallManager 3.2(2c)spD and later to support transferring directly to voicemail. This would enable you to have Queue Manager transfer to "*1234" or similar and have the call go directly to the subscriber's greeting without the intervening autoattendant.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content