cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change administrator password of callmanager

scottiptel
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3.1(4b) Install on two servers one as PUb and another SUB. How I can change an administrator(ccmadmin) password. Do I need to change the sql passwords also once I change the password of administrator from admin tool.

4 Replies 4

cchajii
Level 1
Level 1

there a procedure to change the ccmadmin password and sql password in the cisco documentation delivered with the product.

you can change ccmadmin password independantly of sql password.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_installation_guide09186a00800b6342.html#xtocid14

gstegmann
Level 1
Level 1

hello .

if you have installed the callmanagers into a workgroup-environment ( default ), then the ccmadmin-accounts are local accounts on the callmanager servers. each one of them will have its own ccmadmin-account.

you can easily change them in the local computer-management application, on each of the servers. HOW: right-click on the Computer-symbol on the desktop -> click on "manage" -> open 'local users and groups', then "users"-tree->right click on user -> set password ... voila

but be careful : you will have to enter the new password

a) for the user itself

b) for all of the nt-services that use this account, on the PUB _and_ on the SUB.

also you should try if all of the modified services can still be started ( stop and restart, but try this during a scheduled service-interval ) . if not, you will have problems when the server reboots the next time.

greetings, gerhard

Thanks,

I have workgroup environment. I could not see any ccmadmin user. I have administrator user. Is the same as ccmadmin.

Yes. The user that you use to log in to the CCM admin page is the ccmadmin user mentioned in the document. So in you case , I guess that the Administrator is the ccmadmin user.

Thanks

Ranjani