cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change unity administrator password

scottiptel
Level 1
Level 1

How to change unity administrator password in unity 3.1(5)

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you mean how to change the password for the account associated with the Unity services? If so, this tech tip has the details:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/788/AVVID/change_nt_pw_unity_serv.html

I would like to change the saweb password when I will access the unity administrator web page through web browser. Do I need to change the services password also if I will change the Unity Server Admin password.

The SA is simply getting the credentials passed in to us from NT. The login and password info for the SA access there is for the NT account that's associated with the subscriber you're logging into the SA as... you can change the PW in NT/AD directly.

there is no "Unity server admin" password, you access the SA using the credentials of a subscribers who is configured with a class of service that allows SA access (or that's been mapped to a subscriber via GrantUnityAccess). so I'm not real sure specifically which account you're talking about here...

lopecara2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to All, my case is inverted, I would like to change the admin name, not password.. My current admin account is cucadmin, this account admin was created in the installation.. I was searching how to rename but I have not found how to do it. the privilage=4,  Also is it possible to change it?

Any advise guys?..

Thanks.