cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to clear Idle_Url automaticly when phone rings

tringwelski_2
Level 1
Level 1

does anyone know of a way to clear the idle_url automaticly when the phone rings?

2 Replies 2

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

I don't think there is any way to clear the idle_url when the phone rings. But, if your need is to see the callerID, just try pessing the exit/cancel softkey and see whether it displays the CallerID information.

luke_davis_76
Level 1
Level 1

The real problem lies in how CISCO has extended the TAPI interface. Since the CM is pushing events that applications can listen for and then process on, there would have to be an event for incomming call. In all the research I've done thus far, there is no such event. The only event that is close is one that fires when the actual call is established (meanting the call has been picked up) At this time an event fires, and you can process it. We've actually written a small C app that traps a pickup event and then fires off an ASP page to pass back some info via the CISCOIPPhoneExecute method. So for us as programmers to be able to do what you've suggested, we would have to find an event that relates to an incomming call that the CM issues. I'd be estatic to know of such an event, but I don't think there is one available.. yet...

Easier yet would be if CISCO could have the IDLE time end on an incomming call. (Phones not Idle if it's ringing.) Maybe some CISCO Rep can comment on that.